Monday 31 January 2011

School magazine task

Oh I had so much fun with this today! Our last lesson we conducted our plan for the front cover and contents page, I had such a good idea but it was so hard to put it onto paper, but I tried my best!

I have to admit, I am not the best drawer. But I tried to put as much detail as possible and on that page I gave details of what articles I wanted along the side and what photo I wanted to go with each one. I ensured the left third was clear so it gives off the magazine feel.

So today we actually went out and took the photos we needed, as I was coming into school this morning I found a another idea for the main image so I decided to take a photo of that as a 'plan b' idea:
I borrowed some ties for my original idea and decided to save taking that photo until we came back to the class room and the cross in that room was a good height for me to reach. While I went away to take photos I took a photo of the new block with sixth form students for an article on their opinions of the new block, a photo of the school sign and a photo of the head teacher. Unfortunately I couldn't get a good photo of the school sign and the head teacher was unavailable at the time, so I plan to take them photos at the next opportunity.

I found putting the ties onto the cross easy as the cross is pinned to the wall, the photo didn't come out like I thought it would but none the less I was happy with it. Then I went on to creating my front cover, I loaded the photo onto photo shop and started to edit, the wall in which the cross was on had dips so I edited them out, then I added a darkened frame affect to highlight the centre piece of the image.





Then by using layers I added its title, school logo and the date and selling line, I haven't completed it as yet but hope to get it done within the next few days, I'm really enjoying this task because I like photography and taking lots of different shots gives me great practise and experience, and makes me all the more excited about starting the music magazine! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment