Tuesday 15 February 2011

Front cover evaluation.

I have completed the parlimary task of creating a front cover & contents page for a school magazine. Since this is a school magazine in which the school is secondary and a sixth form my target audience are the students, with their ages ranging from 11-18. I link the target audience by my selling line 'Your school's monthly feed' so this pinpoints them and shows that this is targeted at them.
I started my front cover by placing a photo of the holy cross with the school's ties on it, this also shows that the school is focused on religion for it is a Catholic school. I have also included the school logo witch is also a cross. I edited the background photo so the cross was the main focus and framed my text around it. I used the same text throughout and the school colours for the cover lined etc to give the cover a theme. And to co-link with the school.

For my cover lines I have placed an article purely for sixth formers and one for the entire school, this could show that the magazine really is for everyone, and have placed other images linking to the cover line e.g. for the sixth form article I have included a photo of the school's new block and some sixth form students.

For my main image I have a close up shot of the schools current Head teacher, and since he is retiring I decided to do an artcle on his retirement. I have made the main image bigger to emphasise its importance and with a headline which will grab anyones attention.

I feel I have done this piece of work to a high standard but after analysing it I noticed some things that I could've improved on:

- Date line: I feel that I could of made the text size bigger and possibly add a font style such as italic, it'd make it more noticable and in proportion to the cover.

- Main image: This is the part I feel I could of done a lot better. It seems that I've quite literally just stuck it on the page, to improve I think I could shape the photo more and edit the colours slightly so that it blends in and still have the same impact as what I intended it to have, also I would place the photo better, as it stands now it completely blocks part of the school tie which looks untidy

1 comment:

  1. good analysis Lucy, well done! I hope looking at a magazine in depth has helped you think of ideas for your own music mag.

    ReplyDelete